Sooner or later, somebody was going to try to demystify gay women in a mainstream movie. Sooner or later, straight white men were going to pay for all the stuff they’d gotten away with since the dawn of time. So 2010 saw the arrival of THE KIDS ARE ALL RIGHT, a movie that’s a little too overzealous in how it depicts that lesbians “can screw up too” and very overzealous in how it nails Mark Ruffalo to a cross. Listen to Alex and Julio as they navigate the dangerous waters of comedic #MenToo precursors and try to figure out what kind of person would name their kid “Laser”!
Also, a spoilerific discussion of the new HALLOWEEN movie (after the plugs section) because, well, you know the original HALLOWEEN is one of Alex’s favorites movies ever.
00:00:00 - 00:51:02 Contrarians Corner (#CC)
00:51:03 - 00:51:58 Just your average dude
00:51:59 - 01:25:54 Real Talk
01:25:55 - 01:33:43 The Future and Plugs!
01:33:44 - 01:52:00 Spoilerific Halloween 2018 Chat
01:52:26 - 01:52:47 Friends
- Alex has been playing a lot of UFC 3. Must be nice to have the time to play all those videogames.
- Former guest Reid Lansford wasn’t in this episode but that doesn’t mean we’ll stop plugging the OTHER WORLDS AUSTIN SCIFI FILM FESTIVAL. December 6 to December 9 - get your tickets!
- Alex and Julio embarrassed themselves when they guested on the wonderful IMDB JOURNEY PODCAST but it was a lot of fun anyway. Listen to them and demand a recount!
- Speaking of wonderful podcasts, check out FILMS ON TRIAL. They’re British, they’re cool, they’re friends of ours.
- Hans Rothgiesser, the man behind our logo, can be reached at @mildemonios on Twitter or you can email him at email@example.com in case you ever need a logo (or comics) produced. And you can listen to him talk about Peruvian politics on his own podcast, NACION COMBI.
Up next, we fulfill a promise made to our friends from Beyond The Box Set and tackle the Jennifer Lopez erotic thriller THE BOY NEXT DOOR! Until then, please rate/review/subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, Spotify, you know the drill. And let us know what you think about THE KIDS ARE ALL RIGHT! Was the movie too hard on Mark Ruffalo? Did it go overboard with its progressiveness? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet at us or facebook us and share your thoughts!